Our fleet safety policy is set out below. The responsibility for overseeing the implementation of this policy lies with the Corporate Social Responsibility Committee of the Board of Directors.
Coca‑Cola Hellenic cares about the health and safety of its employees and those affected by the Company’s business activities. As part of its Occupational Health and Safety policy, the senior management of the Company has committed to minimising the risk of injury and death resulting from work-related vehicle accidents and encourages all employees to apply safe vehicle practices during non-business hours.
Coca‑Cola Hellenic’s commitment to minimise the risk of vehicle accidents requires all operations to:
- Comply with all vehicle and driver safety legislation
- Communicate fleet safety responsibilities and accountabilities to all employees
- Provide specific vehicle safety training including safe eco-driving and defensive driving
- Set safety as a criterion for vehicle selection
- Ensure criteria for driver selection
- Ensure vehicle safety features are appropriate for the working environment
- Ensure vehicle safety features are fitted, operational and used in all Company vehicles
- Ensure that all vehicles are operated within their designated load and occupancy limits
- Implement vehicle maintenance procedures to ensure vehicles are safe for use on the road
- Plan routes and journeys including breaks to prevent fatigue
- Investigate accidents and implement preventive measures to avoid recurrences
- Review road safety performance and include improvement measures in business plans
In addition, the Company supports driver-education sessions to create awareness of the risks of fatigue and distraction such as using mobile phones, reading maps and programming satellite navigation systems.
A Fleet Safety Policy Support document provides information to assist compliance with this policy and countries have local fleet safety policies to manage their specific risks and legal requirements.
The scope of this policy covers Coca‑Cola Hellenic employees driving on Company business, but the principles and practices of the Fleet Safety Policy are strongly recommended also for contractors, suppliers and others engaged in business with Coca‑Cola Hellenic.